The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Australia is part of a global network of over 45,000 in-house counsel employed by over 10,000 organisations in more than 85 countries.
ACC Australia is proud to represent the interests of lawyers working for corporations and government in Australia. In-house lawyers constitute approximately 30% of the total Australian legal profession or about 14,000 practitioners, making our role as the 'voice of in-house lawyers' a vital one for the furthering and advancement of the profession.
ACC Australia’s mission is to advance the knowledge and understanding of Australian in-house practice through the provision of education for the public and the in-house profession, and advocacy, networking and professional services to its members, including by:
- Developing a knowledge base about and for the in-house profession
- Fostering member collaboration
- Championing the professional recognition of in-house lawyers publicly and recognising personal standing
- Advocating on matters of interest to the in-house profession to shape Australia’s corporate legal environment and promote the understanding of the law within the business and legal communities and by the public
- Providing cutting-edge, in-house specific and tailored education; and
- Supporting members with the tools and services they need to excel personally and professionally in their careers and to be able to give back to the community as a whole
Click here to download the ACC Australia strategic plan 2022-2024
ACC Australia is a not-for-profit organisation and a company limited by guarantee incorporated in New South Wales. We are governed by a representative Board, Divisions and Executive Committees. Read more about how ACC Australia is structured here.